What is CTR – Click Through Rate?Click through rate means number of clicks on ads per 100 pageviews / impressions, I.e if you get 5 clicks per 100 impressions then your cpc is about 5%.
How Much Should Be CTR?A good ctr can give you high adsense earnings and a trust that your account is safe from ban. But if you manage to get more ctr rates then you will surely banned from Google adsense. So what should be the ideal ctr rates ? If you focus on mine I got about 1 to 3 % ctr rates in last week but I was about 0.65% from past 6 month . That was the only reason why i am making less money with adsense. Most of the blogger I know tells that they have ctr of about 3 to 5% which is good and safe from getting account disabled . Please note for newbies 0.5 to 1% is ideal ctr rates and for professional bloggers it is about 2 to 5% . Also note that those who tells about 20% ctr rates are all fake things. So think twice and be happy with ctr below 5% because this can give you surety of earning without getting account disabled from Google.
how to increase / improve Adsense ctr rateBelow are 8 best and great ways of increasing Adsense ctr rates . Implement all these methods wisely.
1. Placement of AdsPlacement of ads is most important factor in increasing Adsense ctr rates. This depends on the type of blog and website you have. Where is your primary content and which type of contents you have . However the best position is where your main keywords are present but still there are more popular ad positions available below .
What are The best position for AdSense in Blogs and websites
- Right below post title : this style I used by most of the bloggers .
- After two paragraphs in the content : website owners and bloggers both use this type of ad placement .
- At the end of the post content : not much effective but gives high ctr if a user reads your whole content.
- Top of the sidebar : sidebar ads have high click chances as peoples tries to find ads their .
- Header : people look at your website menu or your website logo and simply clicks on your ads.
- Between posts – on blogger homepage you can show ads between 2 posts which gives you high ctr . This is also effective for forum sites .
2. Best color choicePeoples becomes too smart these days . They don't click on ads easily but you can fool them that your ads are not ads by matching your ads color scheme with your blogs color scheme . Try below two settings in adsense for color scheme .
Blend ads – this setting will set your your ads background similar to your site's background by removing the borders of ads. This will increase your adsense ctr but be sure that your background doesn't match with your "ads by Google " text as this is against Google's policies .
3. Increase search trafficPeoples coming through search engines are more likely to come your site for information and if you are getting ads relevant to your articles then you will get more ctr rates . So increase your search traffic to about 60-70% .
4. Sizes of Ads.Sizes of ads matters in increasing adsense ctr rates . When you create ads units you will file recommend ad formats. These are the well known ad sizes for high ctr rates. Try below tested ad units and let us know that your ads get clicks or not .
¤ Best Ad sizes:
- 300 x 600 – Large Skyscraper
- 336 x 280 – Large Rectangle
- 160 x 600 – Wide Skyscraper
- 768 x 90 – Leader board
- 468 x 60 – Banner
- 5 Links Units
5. Avoid Ad BlindnessIt is phenomena in which a frequently returning visitors knows about your adsense ad locations and hence they didn't even see your adsense ads . Due to this you will loose your ad clicks and decrease in adsense ctr rates.
Tip : try to periodically change your website's look and ads placement / locations . Try to shuffle ad sizes every week .
6. Niche and Good Quality ContentWell , adsense ctr are more dependent on niche and good quality contents. A niche with tech and gadgets will receive high ctr just because of new market technology , gadgets ads displaying on websites and for a niche like food blog , your ctr will low .
Adsense also depends on quality contents . Adsense shows contents related to your keywords in your articles , so if you have good keywords in your articles then you will get relevant ads in your website and then your visitors will click more on ads .
7. Reduce Bounce RateBounce rate plays a major role in website's traffic . A high bounce rate means people exit your site faster without even seeing on other pages . This will decrease your ads visibility . Try to decrease your bounce rate ,so that people will view more pages on your site and hence will increase the chances of ads visibility and click through rates .
Experienced tricks:See my ad placement , there are two ads on top of post header. People will visit my site and surely see the ads .
This method gives me 3 times more ctr rates then before . Also try at least one large ad unit in your blog website i.e 300*600 or bigger ones .