Top 8 Best/Powerful Computer Programming Languages 2015In this post.
I will give some brief description of 8 most popular and powerful programming languages.
1. JavaJava programming is an object
oriented language and was first released in 1995. It was developed by Sun Micro-systems. It is the number one language in programming world today because of many reasons. Firstly, it consists of a well-organized language with a strong library of reusable software components like function. Secondly, programs written in Java can run on every machine and different platform.
Sometimes this is referred to as code portability or even write once, run anywhere.
Java Strengths: WORA, popularity
Java Weaknesses: Slower than other compiled languages like c language .
2. C programmingC programming is a procedural language developed in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie for use in the UNIX operating . C is used to write code for same machine as a result it is very fast .
Although C is very old language, it is still widely used for system programming, writing other programming languages, and in embedded systems.
Strengths: high Speed
Weaknesses: Memory management like pointers can be difficult to learn .
3. C++ programmingC++ programming is a object oriented programming language
written as an update to C in 1979 by Bjarne Stroustrup. Basically it is known as C with classes .
It is developed as an update for C language to make C more powerful.
Today many games and office suites are written in c++ language.
Weaknesses: C++ is also older and make it difficult to learn in comparison to java or c#
4. PHPPHP uses a run-time interpreter, and is a multi-paradigm language originally developed initially in 1996 . It was developed by Rasmus Jerem to create dynamic web pages. In starting it was not even a complete programming language, but with
time it became a fully featured
object-oriented programming language.
Today, PHP is the most popular language used to
write web applications.
Example : you are using Facebook which is completely developed in php .
Strengths: Web programming, high security .
Weaknesses: Inconsistent syntax, too many
ways to do the same thing,
5. VB ( or Visual Basic )Visual Basic is a multi-
paradigm language developed by Microsoft Corporation just for the developers of Windows applications . Visual Basic is a good language for coding windows application.
Weaknesses: Only runs in Windows
6. PythonPython is an interpreted, multi-paradigm programming language written by Guido van
Rossum in the late 1980.
Python is used as the main
programming choice of both Google and Ubuntu.
Strengths: Excellent readability and overall
7. C#C# is a compiled, object-oriented language written by Microsoft. It is very similar to Java in both
syntax and nature.
Strengths: Powerful and pretty fast
Weaknesses: Only really suitable for Windows
java is a scripting language developed by Netscape to enable Web authors to design interactive
authors to spice up their sites with dynamic content.
Strengths: it's the only reliable way to do client-side web programming
Weaknesses: it's only really useful in a web
These are some strengths and weakness of 8 major programming languages. .
Hope it will help you with your choice of learning best programming languages.
Don't forgot to donate your support by giving your valuable comments below .